Saturday, January 4, 2014

YAY Turquoise!!

Yesterday I spent a good chunk of time watching youtube videos. Mostly from KathleenLights (who is super adorable). She has a tutorial posted using a really pretty turquoise eyeshadow, that I LOVED. I instantly wanted to try it!

At first I thought I would need to take a trip to Ulta to get turquoise eyeshadow. Nope. My new Smashbox palette and an eyeshadow compact I have had for a really long time BOTH had really nice turquoise shadows in them! YAY!

I decided to try out both eyeshadows to see if they were the same or which one would be better.

Here are the results!

Eye #1: Right eye - Smashbox
sorry my eye isn't actually open in the open shot :/

Came out nicely! Now for Eye #2! The mark. eye!


I do like how the Smashbox nutrals look better than the mark. brand. The mark. turquoise is definitely more vibrant and slightly more blue, I'm not sure if you can notice that in the photos. It also probably helps that the eye I applied the mark. brand to is slightly larger. My eyes are differently shaped and sized, which makes putting makeup on a HUGE pain, but I make do.

Anyway, here is the full list of products I used:

Right:
•Smashbox shadows from the Wondervision Mega Palette (Orange - crease, Turquoise - lid, Citrine - transition color, Maize - highlight, Pearl - inner corner)
•NYX Jumbo eye pencil in milk - eye shadow base
•BH Cosmetics Waterproof eye crayon in Shadow - Tight line and water line
•Tarte Lights Camera Flashes mascara
•Tarte EmphasEYES inner liner in black - water line
•Smashbox Limitless liquid eyeliner pen in Jet black - winged liner

Left:
•mark. On The Dot eye color compact** (the dark brown - crease, the turquoise - lid, the taupe - transition color, and the metalic cream - highlight and inner corner)
•NYX Jumbo eye pencil in milk - eye shadow base
•BH Cosmetics Waterproof eye crayon in Shadow - Tight line and water line
•Tarte Lights Camera Flashes mascara
•Tarte EmphasEYES inner liner in black - water line
•Smashbox Limitless liquid eyeliner pen in Jet black - winged liner

**I'm not sure if you can still get this. I got it eons ago when my Grandmother was still selling Avon. I just REALLY love the super metallic colors in this compact.

This look will probably become a summer favorite of mine. I really love it!
And here is the link to KathleenLights' tutorial!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVuG0xRVp10


No comments:

Post a Comment